Like all other professions, florists are not created equal. Most shops have refrigerated already made up bouquets that you can pick up anytime. But have you tried to go in and ask for fresh cut bouquet or have a bouquet created on the spot only to be told that you have to pick from what is already done? There are those that go above and beyond to help you and get you what you need when you need it. These steps can assist you in the process. Or if you are in the Murrieta or Lake Elsinore areas of California looking for a florist or just a fresh bouquet, give us a call and we’ll make sure you’re taken care of.
The Society of American Florists recommends these tips to help you select the perfect florist for you:
- The Right Fit: Look for a floral shop that offers the product mix, level of service and design style that fit your needs.
- Personal Attention: Choose a florist who will get to know you, keep track of your floral preferences and send reminders of upcoming special occasions.
- Excellent Service: Look for convenient hours, easy-access location and a satisfaction-guarantee.
- Helpful Suggestions: Good florists ask questions about what you’re looking for, offer expert advice and suggest floral gifts to match any sentiment, occasion, personality or home decor.
- Creative Flair: Look for artistry in the florist’s arrangements, design and presentation.
- Selection and Variety: From the familiar carnation to exotic tropicals, a great shop carries a complete menu of flowers and plants to choose from.
- Top Quality Product: The finest florists in the field carry quality product, provide floral food with each purchase and offer instructions for proper care to ensure maximum enjoyment.
- Professional Affiliation: Florists who belong to professional groups are committed to being the best in their field. Look for affiliation with national wire services (FTD, Teleflora), national trade associations like the Society of American Florists, state and local trade associations, and local community and civic organizations.
- Word of mouth is often the best resource when looking for a florist. An outstanding florist will have a good reputation in your community.
- If you use a telephone book or directory assistance to find a florist, look for one with a local address.
- If you choose a national service with a toll-free number, pick an established organization with a strong reputation for providing great service.
SAF’s Florist Directory helps consumers find local professional florists. The Directory is searchable by name, city and state and ZIP code.